La Chaux travel guide
Visit La Chaux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 14 km from La Chaux
Location: La Chaux is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 33 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: La Chaux is 193 km from Paris and 301 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near La Chaux: these include Bagnoles de l'Orne at 14 km and Argentan at 23 km. Carrouges Chateau is a listed national monument at 9 km and Normandie-Maine is a listed regional natural parc at 14 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near La Chaux, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to La Chaux
Bagnoles de l'Orne 14km
Note that all distances from La Chaux shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
La Chaux holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near La Chaux
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (8km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (13km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (13km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (23km)
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (27km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (29km)
- Sees: market every Saturday (32km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (32km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (32km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (33km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market every Thursday (34km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (42km)
- Mayenne: market every Saturday & Monday (43km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting La Chaux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the La Chaux map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (30km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (9km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (14km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (21km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Loup-du-Gast (35km); Saint-Fraimbault (35km)
Map of places to visit near La Chaux & Location Information
Distance to La Chaux
from Alencon (local prefecture): 33 km
from Paris: 193 km
from Calais: 301 km
from Nice: 795 km
from Bordeaux: 420 km
from Strasbourg: 589 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of La Chaux): Beauvain, Joue-du-Bois, La Motte-Fouquet, Le Champ-de-la-Pierre, Le Grais, Magny-le-Desert, Ranes, Saint-Georges-d'Annebecq and Saint-Martin-l'Aiguillon.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to La Chaux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez La Chaux