Joué-du-Plain travel guide
Visit Joué-du-Plain: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Joué-du-Plain is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 33 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Joué-du-Plain is 182 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Argentan at 10 km from Joué-du-Plain
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Joué-du-Plain. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Joué-du-Plain
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (9km)
- Briouze: market Monday (18km)
- Trun: market Thursday (20km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (21km)
- Sees: market Saturday (24km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (24km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (26km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (33km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (33km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (36km)
- Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives: market Monday (37km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (40km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (40km)
- Thury-Harcourt: market Tuesday (42km)
- Mamers: market Monday (52km)
- Aunay-sur-Odon: market Saturday (52km)
- Orbec: market Wednesday (53km)
Map of places to visit near Joué-du-Plain and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Joué-du-Plain and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (15km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (23km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (10km); Jardins du château de Vendeuvre (33km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (19km); Forêt d'Écouves (21km); Rochers des Parcs (35km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (38km); Forêt de Perseigne (42km)
Towns of Art and history Orbec (53km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Loup-du-Gast (48km)
Distance to Joué-du-Plain
from Alencon (local prefecture): 33 km
from Paris: 182 km
from Calais: 288 km
from Nice: 794 km
from Bordeaux: 430 km
from Strasbourg: 578 km
We have 16 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Joue-du-Plain): Avoine, Batilly, Bouce, Ecouche, Fleure, Fontenai-sur-Orne, Goulet, La Courbe, Louce, Saint-Brice-sous-Ranes, Saint-Ouen-sur-Maire, Sarceaux, Serans, Sevrai, Tanques and Vieux-Pont.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Joué-du-Plain from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Joué-du-Plain