Joue-du-Bois travel guide
Visit Joue-du-Bois: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 14 km from Joue-du-Bois
Location: Joue-du-Bois is situated in the Orne department (Normandy region) in the north of France at 29 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Joue-du-Bois is 192 km from Paris and 303 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Joue-du-Bois: these include Bagnoles de l'Orne at 14 km and Argentan at 24 km. Carrouges Chateau is a listed national monument at 6 km and Normandie-Maine is a listed regional natural parc at 10 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Joue-du-Bois, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Joue-du-Bois
Bagnoles de l'Orne 14km
Note that all distances from Joue-du-Bois shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Joue-du-Bois holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Joue-du-Bois
- La Ferte-Mace: market every Thursday (9km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (14km)
- Briouze: market every Monday (16km)
- Argentan: market every Tuesday & Friday (24km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market every Monday (26km)
- Alencon: market every Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (29km)
- Sees: market every Saturday (30km)
- Flers: market every Wednesday & Saturday (30km)
- Trun: market every Thursday (35km)
- Falaise: market every Saturday (35km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market every Thursday (38km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market every Saturday (38km)
- Mayenne: market every Saturday & Monday (42km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market every Tuesday (48km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Joue-du-Bois and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Joue-du-Bois map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei (26km)
National Monument Carrouges Chateau (6km)
Regional Natural Parc Normandie-Maine (10km)
Remarkable Garden Sassy (20km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Loup-du-Gast (34km); Saint-Fraimbault (36km)
Map of places to visit near Joue-du-Bois & Location Information
Distance to Joue-du-Bois
from Alencon (local prefecture): 29 km
from Paris: 192 km
from Calais: 303 km
from Nice: 792 km
from Bordeaux: 417 km
from Strasbourg: 587 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 9 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Joue-du-Bois): Beauvain, La Chaux, La Motte-Fouquet, Le Champ-de-la-Pierre, Lignieres-Orgeres, Saint-Georges-d'Annebecq, Saint-Martin-l'Aiguillon, Saint-Patrice-du-Desert and Sainte-Marie-la-Robert.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Joue-du-Bois from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Joue-du-Bois