Galan travel guide
Visit Galan: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Mont d'Astarac at 18 km from Galan
Location: Galan is situated in the Hautes-Pyrenees department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south-west of France at 27 km from Tarbes, the department capital. (General information: Galan is 644 km from Paris and 866 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Galan: these include Mont d'Astarac at 18 km and Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges at 26 km. Jardin de la poterie Hillen is a listed remarkable garden at 17 km and Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa is a listed national monument at 19 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Galan, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Galan
Mont d'Astarac 18km
Col du Tourmalet 41km
Note that all distances from Galan shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Galan holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Galan
- Montrejeau: market every Monday (20km)
- Boulogne-sur-Gesse: market every Wednesday (21km)
- Loures-Barousse: market every Friday (27km)
- Tarbes: market every Thursday all day (27km)
- Bagneres-de-Bigorre: market every Saturday all day (27km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market every Monday (27km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market every Thursday (29km)
- Mirande: market every Monday (32km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market every Saturday all day (33km)
- Seissan: market every Friday (33km)
- Arreau: market every Thursday all day (36km)
- Marciac: market every Wednesday (39km)
- Lourdes: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Saturday all day & Monday & Friday (39km)
- Aspet: market every Wednesday & Saturday (40km)
- Luz-Saint-Sauveur: market every Monday (51km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Galan and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Galan map below.
Heritage Site St Bertrand de Comminges cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (26km); St Bertrand de Comminges chapelle St Julien (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (26km); Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (26km); Jézeau église Saint-Laurent (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (36km); Ourdis-Cotdoussan église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Bertrand-de-Comminges (26km)
National Monument Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (19km); Marshall Foch house (27km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de la poterie Hillen (17km); Jardin Massey (27km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gouffre d'Esparros (22km); Grottes de Médous (29km); Col du Tourmalet (41km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Tarbes (27km)
Map of places to visit near Galan & Location Information
Distance to Galan
from Tarbes (local prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 644 km
from Calais: 866 km
from Nice: 556 km
from Bordeaux: 196 km
from Strasbourg: 823 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 18 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Galan): Betpouy, Bonnefont, Bonrepos, Campuzan, Castelbajac, Caubous, Galez, Laran, Libaros, Lustar, Monlong, Montastruc, Recurt, Sabarros, Sentous, Tajan, Tournous-Devant and Vieuzos.
For driving distances to Galan from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Galan