Gajan travel guide
Visit Gajan: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Saint-Lizier at 2 km from Gajan
Location: Gajan is situated in the Ariege department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 40 km from Foix, the department capital. (General information: Gajan is 656 km from Paris and 883 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Gajan: these include Saint-Lizier at 2 km and Montjoie-en-Couserans at 3 km. Saint-Lizier is a listed most beautiful village at 2 km and Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 2 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Gajan, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Gajan
Grotte de Lombrives 46km
Note that all distances from Gajan shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Gajan holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Gajan
- Saint-Girons: market every Saturday (4km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market every Monday (16km)
- Seix: market every Wednesday - seasonal market only - (19km)
- Cazeres: market every Saturday (22km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market every Thursday (25km)
- Aspet: market every Wednesday & Saturday (26km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (31km)
- Carbonne: market every Thursday (33km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market every Saturday (34km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market every Thursday (34km)
- Pamiers: market every Tuesday & Saturday (40km)
- Saverdun: market every Friday (43km)
- Auterive: market every Friday (47km)
- Boulogne-sur-Gesse: market every Wednesday (49km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Gajan and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Gajan map below.
Most Beautiful Village Saint-Lizier (2km)
National Monument Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (46km)
Regional Natural Parc Pyrenees Ariegeoises (25km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Vallée de Vicdessos (43km)
Map of places to visit near Gajan & Location Information
Distance to Gajan
from Foix (local prefecture): 40 km
from Paris: 656 km
from Calais: 883 km
from Nice: 502 km
from Bordeaux: 244 km
from Strasbourg: 803 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 15 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Gajan): Barjac, Caumont, Eycheil, Lasserre, Lorp-Sentaraille, Mercenac, Montardit, Montegut-en-Couserans, Montesquieu-Avantes, Montgauch, Montjoie-en-Couserans, Saint-Girons, Saint-Lizier, Taurignan-Castet and Taurignan-Vieux.
For driving distances to Gajan from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Gajan