Couterne travel guide
Visit Couterne: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Couterne is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 38 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Couterne is 206 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 4 km from Couterne
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Couterne. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Couterne
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (5km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (9km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (21km)
- Briouze: market Monday (21km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (28km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (28km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (32km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (37km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (38km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (39km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (41km)
- Sille-le-Guillaume: market Wednesday (42km)
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (44km)
- Ernee: market Tuesday (46km)
- Andouille: market Thursday (46km)
- Trun: market Thursday (49km)
- Vire: market Friday (50km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market Tuesday (51km)
Map of places to visit near Couterne and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Couterne and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (19km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (14km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (35km); Parc et jardin de Clivoy (47km)
Sites of natural beauty Mont du Haut-Fourché (31km); Signal d'Écouves (33km); Forêt d'Écouves (35km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Loup-du-Gast (19km); Saint-Fraimbault (22km)
Distance to Couterne
from Alencon (local prefecture): 38 km
from Paris: 206 km
from Calais: 316 km
from Nice: 797 km
from Bordeaux: 409 km
from Strasbourg: 600 km
We have found 13 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Couterne): Antoigny, Bagnoles-de-l'Orne, Geneslay, Haleine, La Chapelle-d'Andaine, Madre, Mehoudin, Neuilly-le-Vendin, Saint-Julien-du-Terroux, Saint-Ouen-le-Brisoult, Sainte-Marie-du-Bois, Tesse-Froulay and Thuboeuf.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Couterne from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Couterne