Couiza travel guide
Visit Couiza: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Rennes-le-Chateau at 2 km from Couiza
Location: Couiza is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 31 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Couiza is 658 km from Paris and 891 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Couiza: these include Rennes-le-Chateau at 2 km and Rennes-les-Bains at 6 km. Limoux is a listed recommended detour at 13 km and Gorges de Galamus is a listed site of natural beauty at 22 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Couiza, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Couiza
Gorges de l'Aude 9km
Molitg les Bains 34km
Note that all distances from Couiza shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Couiza holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Couiza
- Esperaza: market every Thursday & Sunday (3km)
- Quillan: market every Wednesday & Saturday (10km)
- Limoux: market every Friday all day (13km)
- Belesta: market every Tuesday & Thursday (26km)
- Carcassonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (31km)
- Lavelanet: market every Wednesday & Friday (33km)
- Mirepoix: market every Thursday & Monday (35km)
- Bram: market every Wednesday (36km)
- Prades: market every Tuesday (39km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (42km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Tuesday & Saturday (42km)
- Ille-sur-Tet: market every Wednesday & Friday (42km)
- Millas: market every Tuesday & Thursday (45km)
- Olonzac: market every Tuesday (54km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Couiza and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Couiza map below.
Grand Site Of France Carcassonne City (31km)
Heritage Site Carcassonne (31km); Villefranche-de-Conflent enceinte / fort (Vauban fortifications) (40km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Sainte Marie de Marcevol (Arboussols) (37km); Abbaye Saint Michel de Cuixa (Codalet) (42km); Chapelle de Casenoves (Ille-sur-tet) (42km); Eglise de Trinité d'Aregno (Aregno) (42km); Prieuré de Serrabone (Boule-d'Amont) (47km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Carcassonne (31km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gorges de Galamus (22km); Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (26km); Orgued d'Ille-sur-Tet (42km)
Map of places to visit near Couiza & Location Information
Distance to Couiza
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 31 km
from Paris: 658 km
from Calais: 891 km
from Nice: 414 km
from Bordeaux: 310 km
from Strasbourg: 758 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 19 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Couiza): Alet-les-Bains, Antugnac, Campagne-sur-Aude, Cassaignes, Conilhac-de-la-Montagne, Coustaussa, Esperaza, Fa, Granes, La Serpent, Luc-sur-Aude, Montazels, Peyrolles, Rennes-le-Chateau, Rennes-les-Bains, Roquetaillade, Saint-Ferriol, Serres and Veraza.
For driving distances to Couiza from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Couiza