Coarraze travel guide
Visit Coarraze: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Coarraze is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 18 km from Pau, the department capital. (General information: Coarraze is 663 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Pau at 18 km from Coarraze
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Coarraze. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Coarraze
- Gan: market Wednesday (14km)
- Lourdes: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Saturday all day & Monday & Friday (17km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (18km)
- Castet: market Thursday (19km)
- Tarbes: market Thursday all day (26km)
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie: market Friday (31km)
- Monein: market Monday (33km)
- Bagneres-de-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (33km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market Saturday all day (33km)
- Bedous: market Thursday (36km)
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (37km)
- Luz-Saint-Sauveur: market Monday (38km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (39km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market Monday (39km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (45km)
- Marciac: market Wednesday (51km)
Map of places to visit near Coarraze and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Coarraze and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Ourdis-Cotdoussan église St Jacques (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (25km); Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (31km)
National Monuments Marshall Foch house (25km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin Massey (26km); Jardins du château de Viven (35km); Jardin du château de Momas (36km)
Sites of natural beauty Grottes de Betharram (8km); Col d'Aubisque (23km); Cirque du Litor (24km); Vallée d'Ossau (26km); Cirque du Lys (32km); Grottes de Médous (35km); Pont d'Espagne (36km); Vallée d'Aspe (39km); Cirque du Marcadau (39km); Col du Tourmalet (42km)
Towns of Art and history Oloron-Sainte-Marie (31km)
zoo or wildlife park Zoo d'Asson (6km)
Distance to Coarraze
from Pau (local prefecture): 18 km
from Paris: 663 km
from Calais: 879 km
from Nice: 608 km
from Bordeaux: 187 km
from Strasbourg: 862 km
We have 14 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Coarraze): Asson, Baudreix, Benejacq, Beuste, Boeil-Bezing, Borderes, Bourdettes, Igon, Lagos, Lestelle-Betharram, Mirepeix, Montaut, Pardies-Pietat and Saint-Abit.
Pyrenees-Atlantiques is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Coarraze from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Coarraze