Chivres tourism and travel guide
Visit Chivres: highlights and tourist informationTo Visit Attractions
Chivres is situated in the Cote d'Or department and Burgundy region (now part of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region), in the eastern-center of France at 39 kilometres from Dijon, the department capital (general information: Chivres is 292 kilometres from Paris).
Chivres, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Chivres in Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Cote d'Or
Map of places to visit near Chivres
Markets in and near Chivres
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market Thursday (10km)
- Pierre-de-Bresse: market Monday (16km)
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (20km)
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (21km)
- Mervans: market Friday (21km)
- Chagny: market Thursday & Sunday (27km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Bois: market Saturday (27km)
- Chalon-sur-Saone: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Friday (28km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Plain: market Thursday (31km)
- Dole: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (33km)
More information about Chivres, Burgundy
Tourist attractions near Chivres, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chivres.
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
Churches and religious monuments
- Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (20km)
- Jardin à la Faulx (33km)
- Abbaye de la Bussière (39km)
- Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (40km)
- Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay (41km)
- Jardin du château du Talmay (50km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
Sites of natural beauty
- Cirque du Bout du Monde (34km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie)
- Beaune (20km)
- Quetigny (37km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Chivres
from Dijon (prefecture): 39 km
from Paris: 292 km
from Calais: 501 km
from Nice: 402 km
from Bordeaux: 499 km
from Strasbourg: 267 km
Chivres is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Chivres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
We have 13 other places listed as being close (less than 6 kilometres from Chivres): Chamblanc, Charnay-les-Chalon, Ecuelles, Jallanges, La Villeneuve, Labergement-les-Seurre, Mont-les-Seurre, Montmain, Navilly, Palleau, Pouilly-sur-Saone, Seurre and Trugny.
This page in French: Visitez Chivres