Chaux travel guide
Visit Chaux: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Chaux is situated in the Cote d'Or (Burgundy region) in the eastern-center of France at 24 km from Dijon, the department capital. (General information: Chaux is 270 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Nuits-Saint-Georges at 4 km from Chaux
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Chaux. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Chaux
- Nuits-Saint-Georges: market Friday (3km)
- Beaune: market Wednesday & Saturday (12km)
- Bligny-sur-Ouche: market Wednesday (18km)
- Chenove: market Wednesday & Sunday (20km)
- Longvic: market Sunday (21km)
- Dijon: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (24km)
- Chagny: market Thursday & Sunday (27km)
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market Thursday (27km)
- Epinac: market Wednesday & Sunday (34km)
- Auxonne: market Friday (37km)
- Chalon-sur-Saone: market Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Friday (38km)
- Pierre-de-Bresse: market Monday (38km)
- Givry: market Thursday (40km)
- Mervans: market Friday (43km)
- Pontailler-sur-Saone: market Saturday (43km)
- Le Creusot: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (52km)
Map of places to visit near Chaux and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chaux and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Churches or other religious monuments Hospices de Beaune (Beaune) (13km)
Remarkable gardens Abbaye de la Bussière (17km); Parc et jardin du château de Barbirey sur Ouche (18km); Parc et jardins du château de Sully (35km); Château d'Arcelot (36km)
Sites of natural beauty Cirque du Bout du Monde (25km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Beaune (12km); Quetigny (26km)
Department: Cote d'Or
Distance to Chaux
from Dijon (local prefecture): 24 km
from Paris: 270 km
from Calais: 480 km
from Nice: 423 km
from Bordeaux: 494 km
from Strasbourg: 267 km
We have 23 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Chaux): Agencourt, Arcenant, Bevy, Chevannes, Collonges-les-Bevy, Comblanchien, Corgoloin, Curtil-Vergy, Echevronne, Flagey-Echezeaux, Fussey, Magny-les-Villers, Marey-les-Fussey, Messanges, Meuilley, Nuits-Saint-Georges, Premeaux-Prissey, Quincey, Segrois, Villars-Fontaine, Villers-la-Faye, Vosne-Romanee and Vougeot.
Cote d'Or is in the eastern-center of France. Most visitors drive from one of the channel ports such as Calais or Dunkirk, a drive of about 6 hours, or fly into one of the Paris airports and hire a car. For driving distances to Chaux from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Chaux