Châtres travel guide
Visit Châtres: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Châtres is situated in the Aube (Champagne-Ardenne region) in the north-east of France at 28 km from Troyes, the department capital. (General information: Châtres is 117 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Troyes at 28 km from Châtres
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Châtres. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Champagne-Ardenne (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Châtres.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Châtres
- Mery-sur-Seine: market Saturday (3km)
- Romilly-sur-Seine: market Thursday & Saturday & Monday (8km)
- Plancy-l'Abbaye: market Tuesday (11km)
- Marigny-le-Chatel: market Sunday (14km)
- Arcis-sur-Aube: market Friday (22km)
- Villenauxe-la-Grande: market Friday (23km)
- Nogent-sur-Seine: market Wednesday (26km)
- La Chapelle-Saint-Luc: market Wednesday & Sunday (26km)
- Estissac: market Sunday (26km)
- Palis: market Thursday (26km)
- Sezanne: market Saturday all day (26km)
- Sainte-Savine: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (28km)
- Troyes: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (28km)
- Fere-Champenoise: market Wednesday (30km)
- Aix-en-Othe: market Wednesday & Saturday (32km)
- Esternay: market Tuesday (33km)
- Villeneuve-l'Archeveque: market Saturday (36km)
- Piney: market Tuesday (39km)
- Lusigny-sur-Barse: market Saturday (41km)
- La Ferte-Gaucher: market Sunday (51km)
Map of places to visit near Châtres and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Châtres and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Chateau de Motte-Tilly (31km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin botanique de Marnay-sur-Seine (21km); Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (23km); Entre Cour et Jardin (26km); Parc du château de Thorigny (40km)
Sites of natural beauty Forêt de la Traconne (23km); Lac d'Orient (44km)
Towns of Art and history Troyes (28km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Haussimont (36km)
Distance to Châtres
from Troyes (local prefecture): 28 km
from Paris: 117 km
from Calais: 308 km
from Nice: 595 km
from Bordeaux: 529 km
from Strasbourg: 287 km
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Chatres): Clesles, Droupt-Sainte-Marie, Longueville-sur-Aube, Maizieres-la-Grande-Paroisse, Mery-sur-Seine, Mesgrigny, Origny-le-Sec, Saint-Just-Sauvage, Saint-Oulph and Vallant-Saint-Georges.
For driving distances to Châtres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Châtres