Chanu travel guide
Visit Chanu: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Chanu is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 66 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Chanu is 222 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Domfront at 15 km from Chanu
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Chanu. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Chanu
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (9km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (17km)
- Sourdeval: market Tuesday (18km)
- Vire: market Friday (19km)
- Briouze: market Monday (23km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (27km)
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (28km)
- Thury-Harcourt: market Tuesday (32km)
- Aunay-sur-Odon: market Saturday (33km)
- Saint-Hilaire-du-Harcouet: market Wednesday (34km)
- Brecey: market Friday (36km)
- Gorron: market Wednesday (37km)
- Villers-Bocage: market Wednesday (39km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (40km)
- Torigni-sur-Vire: market Monday (41km)
- Villedieu-les-Poeles: market Tuesday (42km)
- Louvigne-du-Desert: market Friday (43km)
Map of places to visit near Chanu and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chanu and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (43km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Domfront (15km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (43km)
Sites of natural beauty Rochers des Parcs (26km); Forêt de Saint-Sever (28km); Roches de Ham (43km); Forêt de Fougères (52km)
Listed as villages d'etape - (recommended place to break a long journey) Villers-Bocage (39km); Torigni-sur-Vire (41km); Villedieu-les-Poeles (42km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Fraimbault (27km); Domjean (39km); Saint-Loup-du-Gast (39km)
zoo or wildlife park Parc zoologique de Jurques (31km)
Distance to Chanu
from Alencon (local prefecture): 66 km
from Paris: 222 km
from Calais: 306 km
from Nice: 828 km
from Bordeaux: 433 km
from Strasbourg: 619 km
We have 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Chanu): Beauchene, La Chapelle-Biche, La Lande-Patry, Landisacq, Larchamp, Saint-Clair-de-Halouze, Saint-Cornier-Des-Landes, Saint-Paul, Tinchebray and Yvrandes.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Chanu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Chanu