Chambles travel guide
Visit Chambles: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Saint-Etienne at 12 km from Chambles
Location: Chambles is situated in the Loire department (Rhone-Alpes region) in the eastern-center of France at 12 km from Saint-Etienne, the department capital. (General information: Chambles is 405 km from Paris and 637 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Chambles: these include Saint-Etienne at 12 km and Sainte-Croix-en-Jarez at 21 km. Saint-Etienne is a listed town of art and history at 12 km and Saint-Galmier is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 18 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Chambles, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Chambles
See France This Way travel guides for and Rhone-Alpes (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Chambles.
Note that all distances from Chambles shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Chambles holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Chambles
- Unieux: market every Wednesday & Saturday (5km)
- Saint-Just-Saint-Rambert: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (6km)
- Roche-la-Moliere: market every Wednesday & Saturday (7km)
- Firminy: market every Thursday all day & Saturday (7km)
- Aurec-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Friday (8km)
- Le Chambon-Feugerolles: market every Monday & Friday (9km)
- Andrezieux-Boutheon: market every Tuesday (10km)
- Sury-le-Comtal: market every Wednesday (11km)
- Pont-Salomon: market every Wednesday (12km)
- Saint-Etienne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday all day & Saturday & Monday & Friday (12km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Chambles and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Chambles map below.
Recommended Detour Saint-Galmier (18km); Saint-Symphorien-sur-Coise (27km); Ambert (40km)
Regional Natural Parc Pilat (28km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Saint Georges (Saint-Paulien) (46km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de l’écomusée (24km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Perdrix Crest (27km); Oeillon Crest (30km); Col des Pradeaux (32km)
Town Of Art And History Saint-Etienne (12km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Galmier (18km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Parc zoologique de Saint-Martin-la-Plaine (30km); Parc animalier de Courzieu (45km)
Map of places to visit near Chambles & Location Information
Distance to Chambles
from Saint-Etienne (local prefecture): 12 km
from Paris: 405 km
from Calais: 637 km
from Nice: 308 km
from Bordeaux: 383 km
from Strasbourg: 439 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Chambles from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Chambles