Cescau travel guide
Visit Cescau: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Audressein at 1 km from Cescau
Location: Cescau is situated in the Ariege department (Midi-Pyrenees region) in the south of France at 47 km from Foix, the department capital. (General information: Cescau is 667 km from Paris and 894 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Cescau: these include Audressein at 1 km and Saint-Girons at 11 km. Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 1 km and Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 11 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Cescau, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Cescau
Note that all distances from Cescau shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Cescau holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Cescau
- Saint-Girons: market every Saturday (11km)
- Seix: market every Wednesday - seasonal market only - (15km)
- Salies-du-Salat: market every Monday (20km)
- Aspet: market every Wednesday & Saturday (21km)
- Aulus-les-Bains: market every Sunday - seasonal market only - (29km)
- Cazeres: market every Saturday (32km)
- Saint-Gaudens: market every Thursday (32km)
- La Bastide-de-Serou: market every Thursday (33km)
- Loures-Barousse: market every Friday (37km)
- Bagneres-de-Luchon: market every every day - seasonal market only - (40km)
- Montrejeau: market every Monday (41km)
- Lezat-sur-Leze: market every Saturday (46km)
- Boulogne-sur-Gesse: market every Wednesday (51km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Cescau and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Cescau map below.
Heritage Site Audressein Église Notre-Dame de Tramesaygues (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (1km); Saint Lizier cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (11km); Valcabrère basilique St Just (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (38km); St Bertrand de Comminges chapelle St Julien (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km); St Bertrand de Comminges cathédrale (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (39km)
National Monument Montmaurin Gallo-Roman Villa (46km)
Regional Natural Parc Pyrenees Ariegeoises (33km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Vallée de Vicdessos (42km)
Map of places to visit near Cescau & Location Information
Distance to Cescau
from Foix (local prefecture): 47 km
from Paris: 667 km
from Calais: 894 km
from Nice: 511 km
from Bordeaux: 248 km
from Strasbourg: 816 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 18 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Cescau): Argein, Arrien-en-Bethmale, Arrout, Aucazein, Audressein, Balacet, Balagueres, Bethmale, Castillon-en-Couserans, Engomer, Illartein, Les Bordes-sur-Lez, Montegut-en-Couserans, Moulis, Salsein, Sor, Uchentein and Villeneuve.
For driving distances to Cescau from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Cescau