Carrouges travel guide
Visit Carrouges: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Carrouges is situated in the Orne (Normandy region) in the north of France at 23 km from Alencon, the department capital. (General information: Carrouges is 186 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Bagnoles de l'Orne at 21 km from Carrouges
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Bagnoles de l'Orne at 21 km and Saint-Ceneri-le-Gerei at 22 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Carrouges. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Carrouges
- La Ferte-Mace: market Thursday (16km)
- Bagnoles-de-l'Orne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (20km)
- Argentan: market Tuesday & Friday (22km)
- Briouze: market Monday (22km)
- Alencon: market Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday (23km)
- Sees: market Saturday (24km)
- Villaines-la-Juhel: market Monday (26km)
- Trun: market Thursday (33km)
- Fresnay-sur-Sarthe: market Saturday (34km)
- Flers: market Wednesday & Saturday (36km)
- Le Mele-sur-Sarthe: market Wednesday (37km)
- Falaise: market Saturday (37km)
- Beaumont-sur-Sarthe: market Tuesday (43km)
- Conde-sur-Noireau: market Thursday (43km)
- Mamers: market Monday (45km)
- Mayenne: market Saturday & Monday (45km)
Map of places to visit near Carrouges and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Carrouges and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
National Monuments Carrouges Chateau (1km)
Regional Natural Parcs Normandie-Maine (10km)
Remarkable gardens Sassy (16km)
Sites of natural beauty Signal d'Écouves (13km); Forêt d'Écouves (16km); Mont du Haut-Fourché (24km); Forêt de Perseigne (34km); Rochers des Parcs (45km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Saint-Loup-du-Gast (38km)
Distance to Carrouges
from Alencon (local prefecture): 23 km
from Paris: 186 km
from Calais: 301 km
from Nice: 786 km
from Bordeaux: 416 km
from Strasbourg: 580 km
We have found 10 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Carrouges): Chahains, Le Champ-de-la-Pierre, Le Menil-Scelleur, Lignieres-Orgeres, Longuenoe, Rouperroux, Saint-Ellier-les-Bois, Saint-Martin-Des-Landes, Saint-Martin-l'Aiguillon and Saint-Sauveur-de-Carrouges.
Orne is in the north of France. Most visitors arrive in one of the cross-challen ferry ports with Caen being especially close, typically within an hours drive. For driving distances to Carrouges from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Carrouges