Capendu travel guide
Visit Capendu: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Capendu is situated in the Aude (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 17 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Capendu is 631 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Lagrasse at 12 km from Capendu
Popular places to visit nearby: these include Lagrasse at 12 km and Caunes-Minervois at 16 km . For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
Add comment or photo for Capendu
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Capendu. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Sigean Nature Reserve
See France This Way travel guides for Aude (this department) and Languedoc-Roussillon (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Capendu.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Capendu
- Carcassonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (16km)
- Lezignan-Corbieres: market Wednesday (16km)
- Olonzac: market Tuesday (18km)
- Limoux: market Friday all day (31km)
- Labastide-Rouairoux: market Thursday (33km)
- Bram: market Wednesday (36km)
- Narbonne: market Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Monday - seasonal market only (37km)
- Narbonne: market Sunday (37km)
- Mazamet: market Tuesday & Sunday & Saturday (37km)
- Saint-Pons-de-Thomieres: market Wednesday & Sunday (38km)
- Sigean: market Tuesday & Friday (38km)
- Esperaza: market Thursday & Sunday (39km)
- Saint-Chinian: market Thursday & Sunday (41km)
- Capestang: market Sunday (43km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market Saturday - seasonal market only (44km)
- Port-la-Nouvelle: market Wednesday (44km)
- Labruguiere: market Friday (46km)
- Quillan: market Wednesday & Saturday (46km)
- Leucate: market Saturday & Monday & Wednesday & Thursday - seasonal market only (49km)
Map of places to visit near Capendu and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Capendu and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Grand sites of France Carcassonne City (16km)
Heritage sites Carcassonne (17km)
Most beautiful villages in France (see also beautiful French villages) Lagrasse (12km); Minerve (24km)
Recommended detour towns (fr: plus beau détour) Limoux (31km)
Churches or other religious monuments Abbaye de Fontfroide (Narbonne) (28km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé) (see also historical French towns) Narbonne (37km)
Sites of natural beauty Cité de Carcassonne (16km); Gouffre de Cabrespine (21km); Gorges de l'Orbieu (24km); Forêt de Fontfroide (28km); Grotte de la Devèze (34km); Gorges de Galamus (39km); Gorges de la Pierre-Lys (48km); Étang de Leucate (52km)
zoo or wildlife park African reserve of Sigean (35km)
Distance to Capendu
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 631 km
from Calais: 865 km
from Nice: 385 km
from Bordeaux: 311 km
from Strasbourg: 722 km
For driving distances to Capendu from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Capendu