Caloire travel guide
Visit Caloire: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Saint-Etienne at 12 km from Caloire
Location: Caloire is situated in the Loire department (Rhone-Alpes region) in the eastern-center of France at 12 km from Saint-Etienne, the department capital. (General information: Caloire is 408 km from Paris and 640 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Caloire: these include Saint-Etienne at 12 km and Sainte-Croix-en-Jarez at 19 km. Saint-Etienne is a listed town of art and history at 12 km and Saint-Galmier is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 20 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Caloire, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Caloire
See France This Way travel guides for and Rhone-Alpes (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Caloire.
Note that all distances from Caloire shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Caloire holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Caloire
- Unieux: market every Wednesday & Saturday (3km)
- Firminy: market every Thursday all day & Saturday (5km)
- Aurec-sur-Loire: market every Wednesday & Friday (5km)
- Roche-la-Moliere: market every Wednesday & Saturday (6km)
- Le Chambon-Feugerolles: market every Monday & Friday (7km)
- Saint-Just-Saint-Rambert: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (9km)
- Pont-Salomon: market every Wednesday (9km)
- Saint-Just-Malmont: market every Sunday & (11km)
- Andrezieux-Boutheon: market every Tuesday (12km)
- Saint-Etienne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday all day & Saturday & Monday & Friday (12km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Caloire and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Caloire map below.
Recommended Detour Saint-Galmier (20km); Saint-Symphorien-sur-Coise (29km); Ambert (42km)
Regional Natural Parc Pilat (27km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Saint Georges (Saint-Paulien) (44km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de l’écomusée (24km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Perdrix Crest (26km); Oeillon Crest (29km); Col des Pradeaux (33km)
Town Of Art And History Saint-Etienne (12km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Galmier (20km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Parc zoologique de Saint-Martin-la-Plaine (30km); Parc animalier de Courzieu (46km)
Map of places to visit near Caloire & Location Information
Distance to Caloire
from Saint-Etienne (local prefecture): 12 km
from Paris: 408 km
from Calais: 640 km
from Nice: 306 km
from Bordeaux: 383 km
from Strasbourg: 441 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Caloire from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Caloire