Brienne-le-Château travel guide
Visit Brienne-le-Château: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Brienne-le-Château is situated in the Aube (Champagne-Ardenne region) in the north-east of France at 35 km from Troyes, the department capital. (General information: Brienne-le-Château is 168 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Troyes at 35 km from Brienne-le-Château
Market days: weekly market: Thursday;
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Brienne-le-Château. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
See France This Way travel guides for Champagne-Ardenne (this region) for more travel ideas in the area of Brienne-le-Château.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Brienne-le-Château
- Brienne-le-Chateau: market Thursday (0km)
- Piney: market Tuesday (15km)
- Vendeuvre-sur-Barse: market Wednesday (18km)
- Bar-sur-Aube: market Saturday (22km)
- Lusigny-sur-Barse: market Saturday (25km)
- Wassy: market Thursday (33km)
- Arcis-sur-Aube: market Friday (33km)
- Bar-sur-Seine: market Friday (34km)
- Troyes: market Wednesday all day & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday all day & Friday (34km)
- La Chapelle-Saint-Luc: market Wednesday & Sunday (37km)
- Sainte-Savine: market Tuesday & Sunday & Friday (37km)
- Essoyes: market Wednesday (37km)
- Vitry-le-Francois: market Thursday & Saturday all day (37km)
- Saint-Dizier: market Thursday & Sunday (41km)
- Chaource: market Monday (47km)
Map of places to visit near Brienne-le-Château and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Brienne-le-Château and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Regional Natural Parcs Foret-d'Orient (13km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin du château de Barberey-Saint-Sulpice (37km); Jardin du prieuré (47km); Parc de G. de Tréves (53km)
Sites of natural beauty Lacs Amance et du Temple (6km); Lac d'Orient (19km); Lac du Der-Chantecoq (26km)
theme park Nigloland (15km)
Towns of Art and history Troyes (35km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Colombe-le-Sec (25km); Haussignemont (40km); Neuville-sur-Seine (40km); Haussimont (48km)
Distance to Brienne-le-Château
from Troyes (local prefecture): 35 km
from Paris: 168 km
from Calais: 343 km
from Nice: 562 km
from Bordeaux: 555 km
from Strasbourg: 238 km
We have 17 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Brienne-le-Chateau): Blaincourt-sur-Aube, Brienne-la-Vieille, Chaumesnil, Crespy-le-Neuf, Dienville, Epagne, Juzanvigny, La Rothiere, Lassicourt, Maizieres-les-Brienne, Mathaux, Perthes-les-Brienne, Petit-Mesnil, Radonvilliers, Saint-Christophe-Dodinicourt, Saint-Leger-sous-Brienne and Vallentigny.
For driving distances to Brienne-le-Château from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Brienne-le-Château