Bretenieres travel guide
Visit Bretenieres: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Arbois at 18 km from Bretenieres
Location: Bretenieres is situated in the Jura department (Franche-Comte region) in the east of France at 27 km from Lons-le-Saunier, the department capital. (General information: Bretenieres is 321 km from Paris and 523 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Bretenieres: these include Arbois at 18 km and Chateau-Chalon at 19 km. Arbois is a listed town of art and history at 18 km and Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay is a listed remarkable garden at 18 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Bretenieres, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Bretenieres
See France This Way travel guides for and Franche-Comte (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Bretenieres.
Note that all distances from Bretenieres shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Bretenieres holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Bretenieres
- Arbois: market every Friday (18km)
- Dole: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (20km)
- Bletterans: market every Tuesday (20km)
- Pierre-de-Bresse: market every Monday (22km)
- Lons-le-Saunier: market every Thursday all day (27km)
- Saint-Germain-du-Bois: market every Saturday (29km)
- Mervans: market every Friday (31km)
- Auxonne: market every Friday (33km)
- Champagnole: market every Saturday (34km)
- Verdun-sur-le-Doubs: market every Thursday (39km)
- Louhans: market every Monday (40km)
- Clairvaux-les-Lacs: market every Wednesday (41km)
- Besancon: market every Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Sunday & Saturday & Friday (51km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bretenieres and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Bretenieres map below.
National Monument Astronomical clock of Besancon (52km)
Recommended Detour Salins-les-Bains (26km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin des jeux du château d'Arlay (18km); Jardin à la Faulx (20km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Citadelle de Besançon (51km)
Map of places to visit near Bretenieres & Location Information
Distance to Bretenieres
from Lons-le-Saunier (local prefecture): 27 km
from Paris: 321 km
from Calais: 523 km
from Nice: 382 km
from Bordeaux: 527 km
from Strasbourg: 248 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 15 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Bretenieres): Balaiseaux, Biefmorin, Champrougier, Chemenot, Chene-Bernard, Colonne, Le Chateley, Le Deschaux, Les Deux-Fays, Neuvilley, Oussieres, Seligney, Tassenieres, Villers-les-Bois and Villers-Robert.
For driving distances to Bretenieres from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Bretenieres