Bougarber travel guide
Visit Bougarber: Highlights and Tourist Information
Location: Bougarber is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 14 km from Pau, the department capital. (General information: Bougarber is 645 km from Paris).
Note: The photo above was taken in Pau at 14 km from Bougarber
Photos taken within 10 km
Hover your mouse over photos for navigation buttons
What to do? Selected places to visit and attractions close by
Some places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Bougarber. Note that all distances shown are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater.
Holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
For a longer visit popular choices include holiday apartments - we suggest holiday villages in France
Markets near Bougarber
- Artix: market Wednesday & Sunday (8km)
- Mourenx: market Wednesday & Saturday (11km)
- Monein: market Monday (12km)
- Arthez-de-Bearn: market Saturday (14km)
- Pau: market every day except Sunday (14km)
- Gan: market Wednesday (20km)
- Navarrenx: market Wednesday (25km)
- Oloron-Sainte-Marie: market Friday (26km)
- Orthez: market Tuesday (27km)
- Hagetmau: market Wednesday all day (30km)
- Amou: market Sunday (31km)
- Castet: market Thursday (37km)
- Aramits: market Sunday (37km)
- Salies-de-Bearn: market Thursday (37km)
- Riscle: market Friday (42km)
- Tardets-Sorholus: market Monday (45km)
- Lourdes: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday all day & Saturday all day & Monday & Friday (48km)
Map of places to visit near Bougarber and location information
Tourist attractions to visit
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bougarber and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the map below.
Heritage sites Eglise, Oloron-Sainte-Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (26km); Eglise St Blaise (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (29km); Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (37km)
Remarkable gardens Jardin du château de Momas (7km); Jardins du château de Viven (11km)
Sites of natural beauty Grottes de Betharram (40km)
Towns of Art and history Oloron-Sainte-Marie (26km)
Villages in bloom 4* (fr: ville fleurie) Pau (14km); Hagetmau (30km)
zoo or wildlife park Zoo d'Asson (34km)
Distance to Bougarber
from Pau (local prefecture): 14 km
from Paris: 645 km
from Calais: 858 km
from Nice: 625 km
from Bordeaux: 160 km
from Strasbourg: 857 km
We have found 17 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Bougarber): Aubin, Aussevielle, Beyrie-en-Bearn, Boumourt, Casteide-Cami, Caubios-Loos, Cescau, Denguin, Labastide-Cezeracq, Labastide-Monrejeau, Mazerolles, Momas, Poey-de-Lescar, Siros, Tarsacq, Uzein and Viellenave-d'Arthez.
Pyrenees-Atlantiques is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Bougarber from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Bougarber