Bonson travel guide
Visit Bonson: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Saint-Etienne at 17 km from Bonson
Location: Bonson is situated in the Loire department (Rhone-Alpes region) in the eastern-center of France at 17 km from Saint-Etienne, the department capital. (General information: Bonson is 396 km from Paris and 628 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Bonson: these include Saint-Etienne at 17 km and Sainte-Croix-en-Jarez at 30 km. Saint-Galmier is a listed ville fleurie 4* at 11 km and Saint-Galmier is a listed recommended detour at 11 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Bonson, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Bonson
See France This Way travel guides for and Rhone-Alpes (the local department and region) for more travel ideas in the area of Bonson.
Note that all distances from Bonson shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Bonson holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Bonson
- Sury-le-Comtal: market every Wednesday (3km)
- Andrezieux-Boutheon: market every Tuesday (3km)
- Saint-Just-Saint-Rambert: market every Wednesday & Thursday & Sunday & Saturday (3km)
- Veauche: market every Wednesday (7km)
- Saint-Galmier: market every Monday (11km)
- Roche-la-Moliere: market every Wednesday & Saturday (13km)
- Montrond-les-Bains: market every Thursday (14km)
- Unieux: market every Wednesday & Saturday (14km)
- Montbrison: market every Saturday (15km)
- Saint-Etienne: market every Wednesday & Tuesday all day & Thursday all day & Sunday all day & Saturday & Monday & Friday (16km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Bonson and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Bonson map below.
Recommended Detour Saint-Galmier (11km); Saint-Symphorien-sur-Coise (22km); Ambert (37km)
Regional Natural Parc Pilat (32km)
Remarkable Garden Jardin de l’écomusée (26km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Col des Pradeaux (29km); Perdrix Crest (32km); Oeillon Crest (34km)
Town Of Art And History Saint-Etienne (16km)
Ville Fleurie 4* Saint-Galmier (11km)
Zoo Or Wildlife Park Parc zoologique de Saint-Martin-la-Plaine (29km); Parc animalier de Courzieu (39km)
Map of places to visit near Bonson & Location Information
Distance to Bonson
from Saint-Etienne (local prefecture): 17 km
from Paris: 396 km
from Calais: 628 km
from Nice: 315 km
from Bordeaux: 383 km
from Strasbourg: 433 km
* distances are direct not by road!
For driving distances to Bonson from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Bonson