Aydie travel guide
Visit Aydie: Highlights and Tourist Information
Note: The photo above was taken in Maubourguet at 16 km from Aydie
Location: Aydie is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department (Aquitaine region) in the south-west of France at 37 km from Pau, the department capital. (General information: Aydie is 617 km from Paris and 834 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Aydie: these include Maubourguet at 16 km and Pau at 37 km. Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) is a listed heritage site at 19 km and Palmeraie du Sarthou is a listed remarkable garden at 20 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Aydie, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Aydie
Vic Fezensac 39km
Note that all distances from Aydie shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Aydie holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Aydie
- Riscle: market every Friday (10km)
- Plaisance: market every Thursday (13km)
- Marciac: market every Wednesday (22km)
- Vic-en-Bigorre: market every Saturday all day (25km)
- Rabastens-de-Bigorre: market every Monday (29km)
- Eauze: market every Thursday all day (36km)
- Pau: market every every day except Sunday (37km)
- Tarbes: market every Thursday all day (38km)
- Vic Fezensac: market every Friday all day (39km)
- Hagetmau: market every Wednesday all day (41km)
- Artix: market every Wednesday & Sunday (42km)
- Gan: market every Wednesday (44km)
- Monein: market every Monday (47km)
- Mont-de-Marsan: market every Tuesday all day & Saturday (48km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Aydie and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Aydie map below.
Heritage Site Aire sur l'Adour église St Quitterie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (19km); Abbaye de St Sever (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (43km)
National Monument Marshall Foch house (40km)
Remarkable Garden Palmeraie du Sarthou (20km); Jardins du château de Viven (24km); Jardin du château de Momas (30km); Jardin Massey (40km)
Map of places to visit near Aydie & Location Information
Distance to Aydie
from Pau (local prefecture): 37 km
from Paris: 617 km
from Calais: 834 km
from Nice: 593 km
from Bordeaux: 146 km
from Strasbourg: 822 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 15 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Aydie): Arroses, Aubous, Aurions-Idernes, Cadillon, Cannet, Castelnau-Riviere-Basse, Conchez-de-Bearn, Crouseilles, Diusse, Hagedet, Madiran, Maumusson-Laguian, Mont-Disse, Saint-Lanne and Viella.
Pyrenees-Atlantiques is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Aydie from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Aydie