Anglet tourism and travel guide
Visit Anglet: highlights and tourist informationTravel Guide To Visit Attractions
France This Way comment: Anglet, close to Biarritz, is also a good place to enjoy some of the most southern beaches of the French Atlantic coast
This page features a summary of highlights that you might like to explore near Anglet. For detailed visitor information see the Anglet travel guide.
Anglet is situated in the Pyrenees-Atlantiques department and Aquitaine region (now part of the region), in the south-west of France at 95 kilometres from Pau, the department capital (general information: Anglet is 667 kilometres from Paris).
Tourist classifications for Anglet include "ville fleurie 4*".
Anglet, France: places to visit and attractions
Some of the places that we have visited and reviewed and can recommend when you are sightseeing close to Anglet in .
Note that all distances below are 'direct' and real driving distances will be greater!
... or see ALL recommended places to visit in Pyrenees-Atlantiques
Map of places to visit near Anglet
Markets in and near Anglet
Market days in Anglet: weekly market: Thursday & Sunday;
- Anglet: market Thursday & Sunday (0km)
- Bayonne: market Wednesday & Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday & Friday (3km)
- Boucau: market Saturday (5km)
- Bidart: market Saturday (8km)
- Ustaritz: market Saturday (10km)
- Labenne: market Friday & Tuesday - seasonal market only (14km)
- Saint Jean de Luz: market Tuesday & Saturday & Friday (16km)
- Ciboure: market Sunday (16km)
- Cambo-les-Bains: market Wednesday & Friday (16km)
- Urrugne: market Thursday (20km)
More information about Anglet, Aquitaine
Tourist attractions near Anglet, France
Some places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Anglet.
- Bayonne cathédrale St Marie (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (3km)
- Sorde l'Abbaye - abbaye St Jean (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (38km)
- Porte St Jacques - St Jean Pied-de-Port (monuments on French pilgrim routes) (42km)
Most beautiful villages in France
(see also beautiful French villages)
- Jardins de la villa Arnaga (16km)
- Parc du Sarrat (45km)
Protected historical centre (fr: secteur sauvegardé)
(see also historical French towns)
- Bayonne (3km)
Sites of natural beauty
- Marais d'Orx (17km)
- Vallée des Aldudes (43km)
Geography and distances
Distance to Anglet
from Pau (prefecture): 95 km
from Paris: 667 km
from Calais: 868 km
from Nice: 708 km
from Bordeaux: 168 km
from Strasbourg: 912 km
Anglet is in the south-west of France. Most visitors fly into Biarritz airport (Bordeaux is another option). Allow at least 8 hours for the drive from the cross-channel ferries. For driving distances to Anglet from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Anglet