Alet-les-Bains travel guide
Visit Alet-les-Bains: Highlights and Tourist Information
IMPORTANT: this is a summary of local highlights. For detailed visitor information see Alet-les-Bains travel guide
Location: Alet-les-Bains is situated in the Aude department (Languedoc-Roussillon region) in the south of France at 25 km from Carcassonne, the department capital. (General information: Alet-les-Bains is 652 km from Paris and 885 km from the port at Calais).
Popular places to visit near Alet-les-Bains: these include Limoux at 7 km and Rennes-le-Chateau at 8 km. Limoux is a listed recommended detour at 7 km and Camon is a listed most beautiful village at 24 km. For more places to visit nearby and local tourist attractions see the map and listings below.
Photos taken within 10 km
Selected places to visit and attractions near Alet-les-Bains, FranceSome places that we or our contributors have visited and reviewed and can recommend close to Alet-les-Bains
Gorges de l'Aude 15km
Molitg les Bains 40km
Note that all distances from Alet-les-Bains shown above are direct and real driving distances will be greater.
Alet-les-Bains holidays and travel
If you are planning a visit we suggest you see our hotel search (from a leading hotel agent and with a great selection of hotels and a best price promise).
Markets near Alet-les-Bains
- Esperaza: market every Thursday & Sunday (7km)
- Limoux: market every Friday all day (7km)
- Quillan: market every Wednesday & Saturday (15km)
- Carcassonne: market every Tuesday & Thursday & Saturday (25km)
- Belesta: market every Tuesday & Thursday (28km)
- Bram: market every Wednesday (30km)
- Mirepoix: market every Thursday & Monday (32km)
- Lavelanet: market every Wednesday & Friday (34km)
- Castelnaudary: market every Monday all day (43km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Thursday - seasonal market only - (46km)
- Ax-les-Thermes: market every Tuesday & Saturday (46km)
- Ille-sur-Tet: market every Wednesday & Friday (47km)
- Millas: market every Tuesday & Thursday (49km)
- Olonzac: market every Tuesday (50km)
Tourist attractions nearby
Below we show places with official tourist classifications and other places of interest to visit nearby that should provide inspiration if you are visiting Alet-les-Bains and wondering what to do next! Positions of each of these attractions is shown on the Alet-les-Bains map below.
Grand Site Of France Carcassonne City (25km)
Heritage Site Carcassonne (25km)
Recommended Detour Limoux (7km)
Religious Monument Eglise de Sainte Marie de Marcevol (Arboussols) (42km); Chapelle de Casenoves (Ille-sur-tet) (47km); Eglise de Trinité d'Aregno (Aregno) (47km)
Secteur Sauvegarde Carcassonne (25km)
Site Of Natural Beauty Gorges de Galamus (26km); Fontaine Intermittente de Fontestorbes (28km); Orgued d'Ille-sur-Tet (47km)
Map of places to visit near Alet-les-Bains & Location Information
Distance to Alet-les-Bains
from Carcassonne (local prefecture): 25 km
from Paris: 652 km
from Calais: 885 km
from Nice: 413 km
from Bordeaux: 305 km
from Strasbourg: 753 km
* distances are direct not by road!
We have 15 other places listed nearby (within 6 kilometres of Alet-les-Bains): Antugnac, Cassaignes, Conilhac-de-la-Montagne, Couiza, Cournanel, La Digne-d'Aval, La Serpent, Luc-sur-Aude, Magrie, Montazels, Peyrolles, Roquetaillade, Saint-Polycarpe, Serres and Veraza.
For driving distances to Alet-les-Bains from anywhere in France see driving distances and route planner.
This page in French: Visitez Alet-les-Bains