Full property search for gites in France
The properties listed below include properties starting from 250,000 euros and including gites or potential to have gites. They vary from a simple ruin in need of renovation to fully established gite complexes for sale.
Farmhouse with 2 successful gites & pool in quiet location, 2km from popular medieval town
Three attractive properties set around a courtyard in northern Lot-et-Garonne, near several medieval bastide towns and very popular with tourists:
- traditional stone farmhouse (4 bedrooms);
- ancient cottage (renovated, 1 bedroom);
- very spacious open plan barn conversion (3 bedrooms/250 sq metres)
There is also an old wooden hangar (used for parking, could be renovated to give 1-2 more gites subject to planning permission); swimming pool 12m * 6m; 16 acres of land (gardens, meadow, fields and woodland). Lovely location with views across fields, prune orchards etc. Current income 18k euros p.a., lots of potential to expand and genuine reason for sale!
See bottom of this page for more details and photos.
Contact us for price and more details
To search for all properties (not just those with gites) please see Property for sale in France.
Another site you might be interested in if you plan to buy and run gites or a gite complex is the blog on this site at French life, while living in France which may provide useful information about the realities rather than the TV realities of actually living in France and operating a gite complex.
One last word - there are currently quite a few gite complexes for sale in France, and owners may not always be quite as 'open' about the reasons for sale as you would hope. Let the buyer beware. Don't rush into buying the first derelict ruin you see unless you are very sure it is the right thing for you - there is often a better house for sale just around the corner!
Farmhouse with gites for sale - offers around 600-650k euros
Farmhouse with 2 gites & pool in quiet very desirable location (outside new development zones)
2km from popular medieval town of Villereal, close to Monpazier etc
The property for sale consists of three attractive houses centred around a gravelled courtyard in the northern Lot-et-Garonne (a few kilometres from the border with the Dordogne department).
- traditional stone farmhouse: lounge, kitchen, 3 bedrooms (1 en-suite) + small bedroom downstairs; family bathroom, numerous period features, fully renovated. Spacious property with lots of beams etc, and an unrenovated attic with a fabulous roof structure which could be 2 more bedrooms
- ancient cottage: very old, fully renovated, unusual colombage (half-timbered) wall, 55 sq metres, 1 bedroom, large showerroom, woodburning stove;
- very spacious open plan barn conversion: fully converted-renovated, open plan kitchen (60 sq metres) and lounge (50 sq metres), 3 bedrooms (1 ensuite), entire roof structure with hundreds of beams is visible inside the barn conversion, and there is a colombage wall at one end. Full oil-central heating + wood burning stove. Most other walls are traditional stone. Bedrooms are downstairs, with the bathrooms and a separate toilet, the lounge is upstairs overlooking the kitchen from a balcony
- swimming pool 12m * 6m;
You can see the property at google maps using geocoordinates latitude 44.64273499337918 longitude 0.7200765609741211
See below photos for general information and approximate plans etc
Photos - click any photo to see large version and photo gallery
- 16 acres (6+ hectares) of land, very attractive and well maintained with gardens, meadow, fields and about an acre of woodland (a local farmer hay-bales the fields every year). Extensive views from the property (its on a small hill). The properties are centrally placed within the land so no-one can build anywhere close to the property!
- there is old wooden hangar: currently used for parking, could be renovated to give 1-2 more gites subject to planning permission (the picture below was taken some time ago, the barn has now been reduced in length, the old wood panelling removed, and plants grow all over it. Likewise the courtyard is now gravelled not tarmac)
- of course there is no obligation to run gites, the property would also make a lovely family home with plenty of space for visitors (or for friends or family members to buy the property together and have 'one each'). There is nothing about the property that makes it feel like 'gites' rather than homes!
- most contents and furnishings will be included in the sale if required, others negotiable
The farmhouse and the cottage are currently rented out during summer months (May - September) and generate about 18k euros income a year (we can provide detailed evidence of the income, including tax returns if necessary to prove it is real income and not just a wild claim!). There are numerous possibilities to increase income - a couple could simply live in the cottage during the summer and rent out the barn and the house; the rental value of the house could be increased by adding more bedrooms or en-suite bathrooms etc; the wooden 'hangar' at the property could also be renovated to provide an additional 1-2 gites. (See also www.bastide-vacances.com for more details and photos of the cottage and farmhouse, current rental rates etc)
Near several medieval and historic bastide towns and very popular with tourists...Villereal (2km); Monpazier (15km); Monflanquin (15km); Issigeac (18km), with Bergerac about 25km. Lovely location - rural but not isolated - with views across fields, prune orchards etc. No 'new-build' houses in sight!
Reason for sale
We have lived here 9 years during which time our other French based business (websites such as francethisway.com) has taken off rather more than anticipated and we need to travel quite a lot - as a result we don't have the time to run and maintain the properties since we need to be away a lot, especially during the summer.