France holiday ideas and inspiration
You know that you want to come to France...but don't yet know where, or what to do?
See below for some inspiration with ideas based on our own extensive travels in France, whatever type of visit you are searching for, from a fortnight on a beach in summer to a springtime tour of the best gardens in France - some are very well known, others a little off the beaten track...
We recommend you also browse through our hundreds of featured France travel articles for more ideas.
Need more travel inspiration?
For more suggestions perhaps one of these these will inspire you:
- the most beautiful villages of France
- the listed heritage sites of France
- the listed towns in France that have further development controlled as 'secteurs sauvegardés' - historical towns in France
- Explore the bastide towns of the south of France or the perched villages of Provence
- French chateaux
- the National Monuments of France
- visit the classified Grand Sites of France (mostly scenic highlights)
- find 'French towns in bloom' near your destination
- there is a listing of the popular coastal regions at France beach
Long visits and short trips
Take a long Break in France and Spain
The camino pilgrimage paths across France pass through many beautiful places en route - and can take a couple of months to complete. See French pilgrim paths
or a Short Break in France
- Cycling - cycling holidays in France
- Canal boats - spend a quiet week exploring the canals of France
The above are just a few suggestions and don't begin to cover the many beautiful places to be discovered in all regions of France. Be sure to explore the site to discover hundreds more options for your visit, and let us know if your 'inspiration' is somewhere else altogether different...